Janis Ryder’s leadership experience has included the following roles:
- Executive Director of HR, Trinity Western University
- Executive Director, Prison Fellowship Canada
- Director, Employee Programs (Retail Banking), CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce)
- Executive Resources Consultant, Human Resources, CIBC
- Executive Director, The Friends, Parry Sound and Muskoka (non-profit health care agency)
- Project Manager, George Ryder Construction Ltd., Parry Sound
- Program Consultant and Supervisor, City of Toronto (Public Health; Management Services)
- Program Coordinator, Alcohol & Drug Concerns, Toronto
- Teacher, Frontenac Board of Education, Kingston
Janis’ consulting and coaching practice grew out of a desire to facilitate the development of leadership capability in organizations so that the human talent entrusted to them and the organizations they lead will excel.
- B.A., Sociology – McMaster University
- B.Ed. – Queen’s University
- M.Ed. – University of Toronto
- candidate for D.Min. – Tyndale Seminary (thesis on effectiveness of Performance Management systems)
Ms. Ryder has volunteered her services as an executive coach with the Arrow Leadership Executive program and as a facilitator and coach with NextLEVEL Leadership. She has served on numerous Boards, including the Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce; her Strata Council in Fort Langley, BC; several church boards in BC and ON, including Knox Presbyterian in downtown Toronto; Mission Aviation Fellowship Canada and the Festival of the Sound.
Janis is passionate about her faith, family, the outdoors and music. She is the proud aunt to 14 very special nieces and nephews; a lover of classical music, travel with friends, and family time on Georgian Bay where now resides and shares an interest in flying with her father … who still flies at the age of 91.